Academic strengths and weaknesses


I have high expectations for this course around this time. However that doesn't come without its challenges. Knowing your strengths and weaknesses can really come in handy when effectively learning new information. For instance, for my weaknesses. Unfortunately I have a very slow learning curve. Where others can learn something in 10mins, it  would take me at the very least 30mins or even an entire day to understand a concept. Not the best when learning something new which is why I need someone who is patient to help me with my progression. Another weakness is my ADHD. I get distracted very easily, especially in quiet environments where there isn't much going on. I normally listen to music to help with this, although depending on the situation I can't always do that. However I do have a lot of strengths. For example I am very determined to learn, you know what they say "you only get out the most of what you invest your time into.

 As long as I'm willing to put in the work and effort into the task I'm confident I'll be able to get the most out of this program. Another strength that I have is that once I've learned a term or formula I know it by heart, especially since I've probably spent days and hours building the concept into my brain. An example I'm proud to share, it takes me a while to understand directions when driving but when I've been somewhere enough times I fully understand where to go. A short term goal I have for this program is to understand a lot more concepts that I may have forgotten in math courses and be able to rememorize them and have more efficient notes. My long term goal is to be able to use the notes I have that I've learned with the program and be able to use them in future math courses for my major.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflection for week 3

Skills of a leader