Skills of a leader

There are a verity of qualites and skills it takes to make an effective leader. For example I believe a leader must be bold. One must be ready to take risk of they are in a pinch or if need to be able take a gamble to be able to turn the tables in the situation. If not you'll never know where you can get in life. Another trait is being able to learn and improve.

I happen to take this trait very seriously. I believe that in order to be able to develop your own character you must be able to open minded and accept criticism which can be used to improve your faults or flaws. How will you be able to develop yourself if you are close minded and shut your mind from being able to learn from your mistakes to make sure they don't occur as often or at all?

 I believe that's accepting and learning from your failures is the quickest ways to improve, as in being able to Analyze from your shortcomings and letting it mold you into a better being. There are plenty of times I would mess up during a team session, at work, or doing a task, and I would beat myself up for it. I've learned to use those times to look into the situation and use the experience to improve to make sure I don't cause that scene too often or at all even.

Looking into it it's a very important skill to use to developing yourself. If you choose to run away from the problem, or make excuses around it you will never be able to work on any of your flaws. I must personally say that it feels very rewarding being able to work on your flaws and becoming a better person because of it. Just the very thought of making myself become better as a character gives me a major boost of motivation to keep on going.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflection for week 3